In the last few years, we have mounted various exhibitions, installations, performances and other creative outputs under 98B COLLABoratory’s ESC Projects program.
ESC Projects deal with spatial negotiations, transformations and interventions. It revolves around particular locations, contexts and renditions—whether as flights of the imagination or discharges of the creative spirit. ESC artists are given the freedom to conceive and visualize new landscapes. This 98B program evolved as a parallel event of the Saturday X Future Market @ ESCOLTA. For the HUB: Make Lab, it continues its experimental platform as a showcase of artistic pursuits and expressions.
Since its inception, invited artists were provided a venue to mount their explorations, freedom to experiment on their concepts, curatorial support and the 98B Team’s assistance. To develop this program further, we wish to extend the reach of ESC Projects through a rolling open-call format.
In this regard, we are inviting artists to send their proposals to email@example.com. Your proposal should indicate “ESC Projects & ESC PlayGround: OPEN CALL” as the subject and include the following details:
- Name(s) of artist(s)
- Title of the show/project/activity
- Duration (1 day to a maximum of 1 month)
- Proposed date and schedule (please include ingress and egress)
- Specify which of the following would best suit your proposal:
- ESC Projects will be situated within the HUB’s common area (please refer to photos below)
- ESC PlayGround are smaller projects that can be housed within particular areas in the HUB (please refer to photos below)
- Artist statement
- Concept of the show/project/activity
- Studies for the show/project/activity
- Photos, studies and sample works for the show/project/activity
- Other images, text and documents that will help the team understand your intentions would be helpful
Aside from the grant venue, the 98B team will be on board as advisers and consultants in order to help you execute your intent. The team will also assist in creating online
Do keep in mind that 98B aspires to make art more approachable by involving the audience’s appreciation of art through non-intimidating ways. We are open to any artistic expressions and media that will engage a wide range of audiences. Through conversations and dialogues with the 98B team we will try to create a critical and mutual discourse from the planning, execution and presentation. As such, we hope to inculcate a sense of place and identity through cultural resources and responses that are relatable and provocative. That said, we are looking forward to your proposals and we hope that the HUB could be the right venue for your concept.
Examples of past ESC projects:
Areas for ESC PlayGround